Complete the Application by clicking on Apply now and entering your Email Address. APPLICATION REQUIRED; RESUME OPTIONAL
Anderson Engineering, Inc. is an engineering consulting firm that offers a wide variety of design and development services. The team of professionals are made up of approximately 200 employees located in offices throughout Missouri, Florida, and Arkansas. We are an employee-owned company that has grown from three to ten offices in the last five years. We are looking for enthusiastic team members to be a part of the AE family.
Anderson Engineering has an opening for a Construction Inspector with experience in inspections of construction items for conformance to plans, specifications, special provisions and terms of the contract.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates and performs construction inspections verifying that contractors' activities are in compliance with contracts, specifications and engineering principles.
- Performs duties of inspector in charge of routine construction items such as asphaltic or portland cement concrete plants, asphaltic or concrete paving, including grading and base, bridges, concrete box and pipe culverts; inspects general or special items, such as utility construction and adjustments, signing, traffic signals and lighting.
- Performs measurements and tests, computations or other work in preparing change orders, contractor payment estimates and other related documentation.
- Maintains required construction documentation, prepares progress reports and keeps supervisor fully informed as to activities or unusual conditions on the job.
- Provide field checks for contractor surveying operations, and assists survey field crew with layout and staking of construction items as needed.
- Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Client service oriented
- Self motivated
- Ability to work well with others both internally and externally
- Ability to work with little to no daily supervision
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn various agency software and programs
- Willingness to Travel 75-100% of the time
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Attention to detail
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or similar field preferred but not required
- 3+ years bridge construction inspection experience
- 2+ years of MoDOT/KDOT construction inspection experience
- AASHTOware experience preferred
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all employees, along with a work environment that encourages growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. A few benefits offered are: ESOP, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance.
It is the policy of Anderson Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED