JOIN, WORK, SUCCEED!
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. – an employee owned, Alberta based company, is looking for Geoscience professionals and technologists to join our team in Fort McMurray, AB. We are in search of individuals with education and/or experience in Geological, Geotechnical, Environmental, Mining and Civil Engineering disciplines.
You’ll be able to apply your experience and technical abilities towards projects involving geotechnical/civil engineering, drill monitoring, geo environmental monitoring, QA/QC construction monitoring, site investigations, foundation inspections, soils and concrete lab testing, for a variety of clients which range from open pit mining environments to municipal work sites.
These roles are fulltime, field-based positions, which require close alignment with Terracon’s S.I.T.E. values (Safety, Integrity Teamwork and Entrepreneurism). Terracon’s goal is to support its employees in developing their careers by providing a wide variety of technical and leadership opportunities allowing for continued progression of skills and competencies.
If you have this experience and/or education and would like to further your career the opportunity exists with Terracon.
This is a local Fort McMurray role.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Monitoring Sonic/Mud Rotary/Dual Rotary/Auger drilling rigs
· Performing geotechnical testing and installations – Slope Inclinometers (SI), Vibrating Wire Piezometers (VWP)
· Data collection for groundwater monitoring, pump testing, hydraulic conductivity testing, water well drilling, soil sampling, surface water sampling, sediment sampling, and other environmental field services
· Be involved in multi-discipline projects in the areas of geotechnical design for foundations, retaining & shoring systems, mining facilities, slope stabilization, roads, and other linear infrastructures
· Preparing technical reports, project scheduling & resourcing, meeting project deadlines and budgets
· Earthwork monitoring quality control
· Concrete testing
· Piling monitoring and inspections
· Monitoring, documenting, and verifying infield construction project activities to evaluate whether the contractor or subcontractor has complied with job specifications
· Driving in an active mine and interacting with heavy equipment
· Communicating verbally using two-way radio system
· Establishing, developing, promoting, and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
· Participating in local and remote-areas field work, working up to 12 hours per day/night
What We’re Looking For
· Degree/Diploma in Geology/Civil Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and field experience
· Minimum 2-year of experience in the technical field-based role
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong team player skills, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Preference will be given to those who have a membership with ASET or APEGA
· Strong commitment to safety, knowledge of safety regulations and experience in implementing safety procedures on mining projects
· Strong driving skills operating a 4x4 vehicle in an off-roading setting
Why Join Terracon?
· Work with a group of people who have a passion for excellence and share common values
· The ability to make a difference every day, working alongside a wide range of dedicated engineers, geoscientists, technologists as well as a talented group of people who support the business
· You will have an opportunity to share your expertise and develop solutions working with various clients on interesting projects
· A competitive employee package including health & dental wellness plans, employee incentives, and RRSP/TFSA financial wellness plan
Working Conditions, Schedule, and Physical Requirements
· Legally authorized to work in Canada on an ongoing basis
· Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and 2 years’ experience in the industry field
· Must be physically able to perform field work as required. A fitness for work test will be performed before hired
· Successfully complete a drug & alcohol test
· Ability to work on a rotational schedule including days and nights; schedule may involve 12-hour shifts
Terracon’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Mission is to help ensure projects are designed, built, and maintained with the sound application of geotechnical, geoscience, environmental and safety standards so that they operate effectively and safely. Our Vision is to be an industry leader by building best in class technical, safety, and professional standards into everything we do. We are at our best when our collective and individual actions are guided by our SITE Values (Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Entrepreneurism).
Connect with us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with job opportunities, safety tips, and general information.
Terracon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees and clients including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities and person of any ethnic and national or socio-economic background.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted