Why Work At Point Sebago?
For our guests, Point Sebago offers 775-acre camping resort and nationally-recognized golf course on Sebago lake with 5-star activities and entertainment programs that cater to adults and children. No one else offers what we do and our employees can be proud of the place that they work and the services that we offer.
For our employees, we offer the opportunity to work in a fun and relaxed environment on a picturesque campus surrounded by people who enjoy what they do. Point Sebago truly cares about its employees and their families and we make sure to let them know through our generous benefits packages, appreciation programs and company perks.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager responsible for the overall operations of a fast-paced, seasonal restaurant and lounge on Sebago Lake. The responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant's revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, quality and customer service standards.
- 200 seat dining room
- 60 seat dining room
- 250 seat lounge with stage and entertainment
- 60 seat bar with game room
- Outdoor tiki bar
- 200 event venue
- Various outdoor tented and dining areas
The restaurant caters to weddings, outdoor events and provides special theme buffets for the resort's off-season Getaway Weekend packages in addition to the regular season guests.
- Coordinate the entire restaurant operations; including front-of-house and back-of-house. Hire, train and supervise a staff of 60 including a kitchen manager, dining room manager and bar manager.
- Meet or exceed an operational budget and provide a quality dining and lounge experience for our resort guests and home owners.
- Work closely with the Director of Group Sales and maintain good communication to the restaurant staff on upcoming events and special functions.
- Support the entertainment department in providing quality food & beverage with programming.
- Deliver superior guest service and ensure absolute customer satisfaction.
- Respond efficiently to customer complaints.
- Track compliance with sanitation and safety rules and regulations.
- Control costs and cut waste.
- Nurture a positive working environment and lead by example as restaurant manager.
- Work with other department managers and assist in their department when needed. You are expected to be a “Team Player”.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
- Excellent skills using MS Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with high volumes efficiently.
- Strong understanding of cost margins and profit management.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This seasonal position is scheduled between March 1 through November 1 and requires a 6-day work week from June 15 through Labor Day.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in food and beverage management and supervision.
- Must demonstrate career experience in customer service management and be able to work well with other line managers of the resort.
Preferred Education and Experience: Culinary diploma or bachelor's degree in business administration is preferred.
Other Important Information:
-Must be able to pass a standard background check.
-Salary will commensurate with the applicant's experience and competitive with the local market.
-50% company paid health and dental insurance.
-401k benefits after one year of employment.
-Resort privileges including: free golf, discounts on food & beverage, general store, pro shop and lodging.
-Off-season units or site available at no charge. (Limited)