There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000 acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus..
· The Assistant Golf Maintenance Mechanic oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program that includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts, and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing orders for parts and supplies needed for the equipment or service.
· The mechanic properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the superintendent.
· The mechanic places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area and maintenance building.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
1. Working knowledge of light and heavy duty maintenance equipment and automotive apparatuses.
2. Skill in use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
3. Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
4. Ability to communicate effectively and keep business records.
5. Knowledge of the game of golf to understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
6. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis.
7. Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, sometimes in inclement weather.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects and failures in various golf course maintenance equipment including, diesel, electric and gasoline powered automobiles, trucks, trenchers, sweepers, rollers, mowers and other mechanical equipment used in utility work including but not limited to snow removal equipment and snowmobiles/snow cats.
2. Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance associates regarding preventive maintenance, and the proper cleaning and safe operation of equipment.
3. Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work.
4. Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment, and purchase repair parts and replacement supplies under supervision of Superintendent.
5. Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment.
6. Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget for golf car fleet, and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
7. Oversees the shop maintenance area in an organized clean fashion.
8. Spot checks equipment for performance on the course, frequently makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
9. Protects all company assets.
10. Will be involved with winter support tasks including but not limited to snow removal, snow equipment maintenance, and vehicle maintenance for the Club, Yurt maintenance operations, and snow grooming.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains effective communication and cooperation with all other departments.
2. Maintains positive interactions with club members and guests, providing a high level of customer service.
3. Performs any and all duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent or other members of the senior management team, as deemed appropriate.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid driver’s license.
3. Previous experience in equipment repair.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.