Come join a growing financial technology company that’s leading the marketplace in both the marketing and servicing of credit cards! Continental Finance Company specializes in credit card options for those consumers with less than perfect credit. We are seeking a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to support our Finance & Accounting team.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst will report to the Senior Financial Reporting Manager and Controller to support the overall financial reporting infrastructure. In addition, the role will support the maintenance and administration of the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Assist the Senior Financial Reporting Manager & Controller with financial statement preparation for all entities and supporting financial reporting analytics.
· Assist in mark to market accounting, prepare and review complex accounting transactions and estimates, for to the general ledger.
· Liaison with external auditors, and prepare audit documentation upon request to assist in quarterly reviews, and the annual audit.
· Research technical accounting literature related to new transactions and Account Standard Updates to existing literature, and update accounting policy documentation as needed.
· Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
· Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
· Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
· Continuously streamline and automate accounting procedures by analyzing current processes and recommending changes.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
· 2-3 years public accounting experience
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
· Demonstrated proficiency with P&Ls, balance sheets, & income statements.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, and advanced Excel).
· Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
· High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
· Prior banking or financial services experience a plus.
Why Continental Finance?
Continental Finance Company (“CFC”) is one of America’s leading marketers and servicers of credit cards for consumers with less-than-perfect credit. Since the Company’s founding in 2005, CFC has prided itself on its corporate responsibility to customers in terms of a strong customer support program, fair treatment and responsible lending. With our success, we have also grown into an innovative financial tech company! With a state of the art consumer underwriting, marketing and servicing platform, we provide a variety of services to our consumers when other financial institutions will not accommodate them. We are proud to provide access to credit products and excellent services to consumers who are largely overlooked by traditional credit card issuers.
CFC is seeking bright, energetic individuals that will help us grow and develop together! We uphold a promise to treat our employees with the same care and concern as we do our customers. We offer all employees competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced business casual environment. Join our growing team and apply online today!
CONTINENTAL FINANCE COMPANY is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled