Want an opportunity with great growth and income potential? Epes Logistics is currently looking to add a Regional Director of Sales in the McAllen market focused on freight moving into and out of Mexico.
The overall responsibility of the Regional Director of Sales for Epes Logistics Services, Inc. is to manage and develop new and existing accounts in order to grow business.
Travel: Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time, a considerable amount being day trips, with overnights when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create a list of prospective customers based on information from Internet Web-sites, newspapers, business directories, industry-related associations, industry ads, internal sales leads, and other various sources. Possible former customers will be targeted. Determine the validity of accounts and/or prospects through telemarketing.
- Travel throughout the territory (and other assigned areas) to call on existing and prospective customers.
- Enhance and develop new business opportunities for Epes Logistics and Epes LTL.
- Interact with internal corporate-wide sales personnel to develop joint account strategies.
- Develop a target account list that will be subject to continual additions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date sales records including weekly itinerary and sales call updates.
- Conduct an appropriate number of on-site sales calls per week to achieve baseline gross margin objectives.
- Determine unprofitable or below-market rates within customer rate schedule and propose increases or adjustments as needed.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the Sales and Marketing strategic plan.
- Determine and evaluate customer needs, prepare sales presentations, negotiate and formulate rate proposals, provide needed customer service follow-up, and prepare sales correspondence as needed.
- Resolve customer concerns and complaints.
- Develop and implement processes through the use of technology to partner with customers.
- Review A/R report weekly and assist accounting in collections whenever possible.
- Secure information from key staff personnel in other departments in reference to sales leads and current customer performance (and companies).
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Provide Regional Director of Operations with an annual list of goals to be obtained.
- Ensure company sales literature is current and up-to-date.