Summary of Position:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Responsible in maintaining and cleaning the restaurant in an efficient; professional manner according to Native Grill & Wings standards. Each Busser’s primary objective is to assist in the flow of the restaurant so that the cleanliness is of the utmost concern.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet any guest you encounter on your travel path.
- Be able to seat a guest with full knowledge of Native Grill & Wings host standards.
- Carry service trays that may weigh up to 25 pounds in and out of the kitchen and dining room.
- Maintain clean service areas including the dining room, and service stations.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the restroom and the perimeter of the building.
- Know all table numbers and understand the Floor Chart. Make yourself aware of what server has what section prior to starting your shift.
- Pre-bus table of all plates, empty glassware, and trash throughout the meal.
- Clear and reset tables with the proper table set up.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow Bussers as situations arise.
- Re-stock items in dining room as needed and alert management of stock shortages.
- Relay messages to bus persons, servers, bartenders and kitchen staff as needed.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests and/or product failure.
- Communicate guest and/or employee difficulties to management.
- Communicate health and/or safety concerns or violations immediately to management.
- Answer telephone in a professional manner, following acceptable telephone procedures and any scripts that may be in effect.
- Complete assigned opening, during shift and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return for a specific event.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment and company policies. A manager will check to ensure completion.
- Transfer telephone calls and/or take messages as per company policy. Be able to assist guests with directions to the restaurant from North, South, East, and West.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Report 100% of all tips earned as required by the IRS.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.