The Relationship Banker position is responsible for delivering excellent customer experiences to current and potential customers. Associates in this position will display effective communication skills and exhibit a good knowledge of the deposit products and services offered, along with the skills necessary to process a variety of financial transactions while operating a teller drawer or cash recycler. This position is also responsible for offering referral opportunities that will result in outcomes that define excellent customer service.
• Consults with account holders to identify banking needs
• Provides information and sells new deposit products and services, including but not limited to, DDA, SAV, IRA’s, certificates of deposit and money market accounts.
o Quotes rates, service charges, restrictions, and other relevant information about the products and services available.
o Prepares necessary paperwork for opening new accounts and input on computer.
o Orders checks, and Debit Cards.
• Completes account packets with required documentation and submits to Deposit Operations within the required time frame.
• Maintaining files on the account status of branch customers; informing customers when fixed time deposit accounts have matured; renewing accounts or opening new accounts.
• Responding to and providing resolution to customer inquiries on account status; researching problems and concerns.
• Must be proactive in meeting the needs of customers, such as utilizing tools provided to offer additional products and retain existing relationships.
• Maintains required monthly cross-sell ratio by offering other bank services.
• Achieves required monthly referrals for bank products and services to current and prospective customers.
• Maintains required customer retention at an acceptable level.
• Utilizing the appropriate support department, handles and relays power of attorneys, successions, estates, subpoenas, and court orders that are received.
• Collects charge-offs.
• Successfully completes and documents monthly portfolio retention calls.
• Assist customers with wire transfer requests.
• Provide excellent customer service.
This position processes a variety of routine financial transactions, including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payment in accordance with bank policy and procedures, maintains appropriate level of cash on hand, records all transactions accurately, and is responsible for managing and balancing a cash drawer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide excellent customer service while listening for assist opportunities, explain and promote bank products or services to customers.
2. Follow up with prospective and current customers by telephone or letter to promote new products and services.
3. Answer questions and solve problems for customers and office staff concerning all services provided by the bank.
4. Maintains a detailed level of knowledge of retail and business products and services.
5. Prepare Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
6. Maintain an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy guidelines.
7. Actively monitor the status of key customer relationships to promote business growth and service quality. Increase the number of services used per customer to increase both profits and customer retention.
8. Process daily transactions thru “Branch Capture” ensuring debits and credits balance in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
9. Rent safe deposit boxes and prepare rental paperwork and signature card.
10. Perform normal cash handling duties.
11. Ability to identify correct product types and solutions through needs-based questioning to build and strengthen customer relationships.
12. Actively participate in weekly meetings and one on one coaching sessions.
13. Adhere to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies
14. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
• 1 year of experience in customer service, and
• 6 months of cash handling experience.
• High school diploma or equivalency, Associates Degree preferred.
• General knowledge of DDA, SAV, IRA, CD, and money market accounts.
• Must possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, good communications, and computer skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled