Middle Bay Transportation is looking for an Intermodal Terminal Manager for our Charlotte, NC terminal. If you're interested in working with the industry's leader and have a commitment to success through safety, personal empowerment and collaboration, this is the place for you.
Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for managing the day to day operations of an intermodal transportation terminal. Position supervises two to five employees.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
• Oversee the incoming orders.
• Ensure terminal is meeting the expectations of customers in terms of pick-ups and deliveries.
• Work with Customer Service Rep and Dispatcher on problems and unresolved issues.
• Evaluate and recruit drivers
• Ensure that shipments and documentation are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Follow up on all verbal and written customer requests for rates or other information
• Maintain accurate records and files as required.
• Produce reports as may be requested by upper management.
• Stay abreast of market conditions and changes in both shipping and commodity markets.
• Supervise the work of terminal employees and conduct performance appraisals including performance development plans for each employee.
• Perform other assignment/projects as requested by VP of Operations.
• Minimum 3 years of prior drayage/intermodal experience
• Experience working in the Charlotte area required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
Terminal/Office environment; extended working hours may be occasionally necessary.