As a Junior Graphic Designer at Coconut Software you are responsible for executing designs and collaborating on concepts for Coconut’s brand, marketing campaigns, and projects under the direction of our Graphic Design lead. You’ll collaborate with our marketing team and other departments to bring ideas to life.
Having learned the tools of the trade from schooling or previous experience, you’ll be required to work within and help grow Coconut’s visual brand identity across our marketing portfolio. In this role you’ll work on a wide variety of design projects digital ads to social media images, tradeshow banners to website gifs - we’re looking for someone who’s excited to tackle it all!
YOU’RE FIRED UP TO:
- Work with the current Graphic Designer and Marketing Team to ideate and execute design deliverables.
- Produce digital and print materials for the marketing department - including but not limited to: social images, company wide templates, event collateral, various styles of pdfs (ex: reports, short booklets), information design, print and digital ads, video edits, web pages and imagery, along with other assorted graphic elements.
- Plan and create templates for Coconut Software’s marketing team to be more efficient in their posting on social media, the blog, email, and other channels.
- Plan and create templates for Coconut Software departments (HR, CX, Implementation) to be more efficient and visually consistent in their presentations and communication internally and externally; provide guidance and templates for the staff to use for implementation (ex: colours for presentation charts).
- Create visual elements in various file formats as needed.
- Plan and execute your projects in steps that can be communicated to the rest of the team (when necessary) and integrated with our Agile Sprints (don’t worry, if you haven’t heard of those before, we’ll teach you).
- Inspect everything you make with great attention to detail, reviewing for errors and brand excellence.
- Participate in strategic marketing planning meetings on a project-by-project basis.
- Work with the Graphic Designer to coordinate and maintain a library of visual brand resources that are accessible company-wide.
- If you have creative skills and interests in areas that aren’t mentioned above (ex: illustration, photography, videography, animation, interior design) we’d love to incorporate them as part of your role where appropriate.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- You have 2+ years of formal education or 2+ years of full time, hands-on design experience.
- You have a portfolio or presentation of work that demonstrates your abilities.
- You’re a creative problem solver with strong design and conceptual skills.
- You are comfortable explaining your ideas to others and have strong communication skills
- Ability to accept feedback, understand it, and incorporate it into future work.
- You’re very familiar with Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Having experience with Google Docs/Sheets/Slides/Drive, Figma, After Effects, and Canva are beneficial.
- You have interdisciplinary design skills (and/or a willingness to learn) encompassing digital, print, and motion design.
- You’re a good listener and you aren’t afraid to ask questions in order to understand feedback from others.
- You understand the importance of deadlines and can manage your time effectively.
- Detail oriented from file naming to pixel perfect designs.
What’s in it for you?
- “Cabana Days” - our version of a four day work week!
We work regular business hours Monday to Thursday. Then, we’re encouraged to take Fridays off to rest, recharge, and do the things that make us happy!
- Ability to do your job in a supported, flexible environment;
- Professional development & learning opportunities - be supported in your career journey!
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs weekly;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
A full range of benefits to keep you happy & healthy;
- Competitive Salaries - we pay fairly based on experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Mental health online platform and counselling services
- Annual Wellness Spending Account ($1000 per year)
- Flexible & Remote Work Opportunities (with a dog friendly office!)
- Employee Options - everyone shares in our success!
- Internet Subsidy
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program - means everyone is entitled to earn bonuses
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
So, what’s next?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place in a team you’re proud to work with every day! (even if it’s virtually!) . For a glimpse into our world check out our Instagram here.
Who we are and what we do:
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. We foster a community that is unconditionally inclusive, and in return ask that our people contribute their differing perspectives, ideas and experiences for one common purpose: to advance the way people live and work in an environment of diversity, equity and inclusion and workplace belonging.
Some awards we’re proud of include;
Being named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Workplaces for Youth, Best Workplaces for Women and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.