Guest Services Associate (Part-Time)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique | We have fun
Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre (SOFMC) is Victoria’s premier entertainment facility and the largest arena in British Columbia outside Vancouver. The state-of-the-art 7,000 seat facility is home to the Victoria Royals of the Western Hockey League and regularly hosts large-scale concerts and other special events such as figure skating, curling, trade shows and conferences. The arena was developed and is operated by GSL Group, a Vancouver-based development and entertainment company with sports and entertainment facilities throughout BC and the current owner of Victoria Royals of the Western Hockey League.
We are looking for passionate Guest Services Associates! As a valuable member of our Guest Services team, you will be responsible for being part of supporting the overall Guest Services vision, while delivering best in class customer service and creating positive lasting impressions for all our fans and guests.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
A day in the life:
- Welcome our guests with a smile and positive, helpful attitude as they enter the Arena
- Provide quality guest service and assistance to fans, guests, and other Team Members
- Remain attentive to the needs and professionally responsive to the demeanor of all guests providing proactive assistance to all with the highest level of customer service
- Communicate positively with co-workers and fans; collaborate with the wider Guest Services team to elevate experience whenever possible
- Identify, receive, and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests; escalate serious issues to Team Supervisor, or Manager on Duty
- Accommodate the event needs of guests that require accessible assistance throughout our venue; work closely with other event-based departments to assist fans with accommodations or requests
- Record and report issues and incidents as needed
- Solicit feedback from fans in order to continually improve the in-arena experience for guests
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Ideally you will have:
- Positive, team player attitude is a must!
- A positive and enthusiastic team player with a passion for providing excellent customer service
- Possesses a desire to be a part of the team that strives to establish exceptional standards for fan experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; friendly and professional
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve issues in a discreet, timely and professional manner; react appropriately in emergency and high stress situations
- Energetic demeanor with the ability to move around the venue safely and swiftly
- Passionate about hockey and live entertainment
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; walking, bending, and carrying light items
- Must be comfortable working in large crowds and loud environments
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required, working majority of Victoria Royals’ home games and other concerts and events
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position