IT Help Desk Technician
Director of Information Technology
This role supports the IT help desk, training, implementation of software and assisting the team members in a daily role. All software and hardware support for all ICONA related properties with direction from the Director of IT.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Identify user needs.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- After hours on call for properties on a rotational basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
- Average Excel skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
PHYSICAL ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Under 2/3rd of the time
- Walk- Under 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-35 lbs.- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2019, Office 365, and Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Must have working knowledge of networking in Windows and Unix networks.
- Must possess good typing skills.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects daily.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- High School or Equivalent education required.
- Continuing education in the field of IT is helpful.
- Must have at least two years' experience in a similar office situation.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance by company standards.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other sensitive information.
- Excellent guest and vendor service skills.
- Upholding the ICONA Aloha culture.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job including ad-hoc duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.