To serve our guests in accordance with the brand, local, state, and federal laws. To provide high standards of food and beverage quality, presentation, and sanitation, in a gracious and professional manner. To display attentive hospitality and professionalism with guests, management, and team members. To take pride in all facets of service, quality, appearance, and cleanliness for the area of responsibility. To serve our guests through the front bar and via servers in the service area. To comply with beverage department standard operating procedures as required by brand, local, state, and federal laws.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Peachtree Hotel Group standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all department policies and procedures, and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff.
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Maintain high standards or appearance and grooming, which include wearing a correct nametag and uniform when working.
- Comply at all times with Peachtree Hotel Group standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient bartending and food and beverage service.
- Comply with all food and beverage safety and sanitation standards and regulations.
- Honor all work-related requests made by a manager or supervisor, which may or may not be outside normal duties, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Must adhere to standard operating procedures that directly relate to proper set-up, service, and breakdown of the bartending area of responsibility.
- Comply with all alcohol safety and sanitation standards and regulations.
- Must follow all TIPS policies and procedures.
Duties and Function:
- Set up bar: unlock liquor, icing, glassware, juices and garnish set up.
- Accept drink orders from food and beverage servers in proper calling order to keep service bar at an optimum level of service for our guests.
- Red-line all drink orders, checking or correct the number of drinks and correct pre-ring. No drinks to be made without pre-rung guest check.
- At no time leave the bar area unless properly relieved by a manager, supervisor or another bartender.
- Assist night bar attendant with mopping floors, emptying trash cans and general sanitation, to include speed rails, counters, melting ice in bins and wiping all stainless.
- Check and have stock all credit card system processing tools, register tape, etc.
- Night bartender will be responsible for bar security in the area of responsibility
- Bartenders are never allowed to add gratuities to a check without the approval of guest or management.
- Perform any other duties as prescribed by food and beverage department management.
- Adhere to company policy for correct service requirements such as using a jigger to measure liquor pours, greeting bar/restaurant guests with proper verbiage and other company/brand requirements.
- Follow the proper procedure as outlined by local, state and federal requirements with regards to legal age requirements for consumption of alcohol.
- Tip glasses should never be in view of the guest.
- Attend all training/meetings as required by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate is preferred.
- Minimum one-year bartending experience required.
- Experience in hotel food and beverage operation environment preferred.
- Guest satisfaction awareness.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws for alcohol service and consumption.
- TIPS training is required and provided by Peachtree Hospitality Management
Courtyard Kennesaw is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled