US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for an entry level Member Experience Specialist working as part of the Member Experience Team. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, patient, problem solver that can easily form a rapport with others, especially in a call center environment. We are looking for an individual that embodies “The USL Way” by positively influencing the sport and each other, providing outstanding service, being creative and innovative, practicing purposeful collaboration, being humble and honest and having fun! If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse and the home of the nation’s fastest-growing team sport. US Lacrosse coordinates all activities of the U.S. National Teams Program and has nearly 450,000 members across the country. Through responsive and effective leadership, US Lacrosse provides programs and services to inspire participation while protecting the integrity of the sport.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants must submit a brief cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements to be considered for the position directly via gethired.com to ensure completion of their application even if applying through another site. Relocation expenses are generally not included for USL job openings.
This position provides superior service and expert guidance to our membership base as the “voice” of US Lacrosse in a contact center environment while striving for best in class Member experience.
Recognizes and provides a stellar experience for our most important stakeholder groups: Donors, Program Leaders, Officials, Coaches, and National/Local board members and volunteers. Works as a critical member of a team in a fast-paced environment, in which communication with one another is paramount to the team success.
Expected Hours of Work:
US Lacrosse core business hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to have work hours which may include 1-2 evenings per week, and 1-2 Saturday half-days per month, with cyclical longer hours or weekend work as related to events and other business needs.
Travel is infrequent but may include travel to the US Lacrosse National Convention or occasional out-of-area/ overnight regional travel with the sales team.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should you need an accommodation due to disability, please contact the Human Resources department.
- Responds enthusiastically and knowledgeable to all inquiries received via chat, phone, and email to ensure Member success.
- Completes sales and revenue-bearing transactions including donations, memberships, events, and clinics through Member interactions.
- Provides technical assistance to members based on user-technology and USL web and enterprise systems; as our web and enterprise “Super Users”, provides technical expertise to Members to ensure resource and transactional success.
- As the first point of contact, reports any system, web, and phone outages or problems immediately; troubleshoots corrections.
- Partners with field sales staff to provide support services and administrative assistance, especially supporting and educating our Program Leaders.
- Completes internal testing as required by various implementations and roll-outs which impact the Member Experience.
- Proactively engages with the USL web development team to recommend changes and improve the Member experience.
- Accurately completes membership record corrections and changes as a result of customer interactions.
- Completes age verifications of members, including correspondence as needed with parents.
- Educates callers on the use of the US Lacrosse website and its functionality.
- Provides support as a service intermediary/liaison to customers of ‘Shopify’, the US Lacrosse retail operation, for resolutions on returns, exchanges, and refunds.
- Remains current on the organization’s events, news, and game developments to correctly respond to the public.
- Utilizes problem-solving skills as needed in response to issues and Member interactions; ensures follow-up if needed to update problem resolution status.
- Completes courtesy outbound calls to members and program leaders.
- Interacts with other departments to provide most accurate and up-to-date information to callers.
- As appropriate, requests donations from member callers.
- Cross trains with the processing unit to provide and receive back-up as needed.
- Provides staffing assistance as needed to the Special Events Team.
- Supports and adheres to organizational and departmental policies and procedures, including the organization’s mission and values.
- Completes special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Core values & Competencies:
- We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
- We Have Fun - Humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong PC skills and some knowledge of software interfaces; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Superior listening and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; works well in a team environment.
- Keen awareness of and dedication to customer service/member experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 1–3 years of customer service experience; Call center experience preferred.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Will experience prolonged sitting, keying of data and speaking on the phone
- Occasionally lift and move boxes, supplies, and equipment up to 20-30lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled