In 2023, we changed our name from Anderson Engineering, Inc. to OWN, Inc. to be more reflective of our team and the mindset that makes us go. While the name may be new, the links to the past have led us to what we are today: a community of talented employee-owners driven by mutual success.
OWN, Inc. is an engineering firm that believes in the power of employee-ownership. Our talented team builds futures while helping shape the built environment across the country from our offices in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, and Florida. We serve the Private Development and Public Infrastructure markets with core offerings of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and Field Services. No matter the project or scope, our clients enjoy problem-solving and service that goes beyond the expected.
We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Springfield, MO team.
What you will get to do:
- Project management
- Prepare proposals
- Analyze geotechnical engineering boring logs and other data
- Perform geotechnical calculations
- Make assessments and write technical reports
- Oversee drilling equipment operations
- Oversee geotechnical laboratory testing for reports
- Testing of materials
- Estimating quantities & construction costs
- Work in the office and in the field
- Field logging
- Field inspections
- Field investigations
- Daily communication with the Drilling Manager daily to coordinate field drilling
- Daily communication with the Construction Testing Manager for geotechnical projects that go into the construction phase
- Other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments
- Outdoor drilling sites in all weather conditions
You will be a good fit if:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Licensed P.E desired / E.I will be considered
- 4+ years Geotechnical experience desired
- Have the knowledge of geotechnical drilling, including soil sampling, rock coring, groundwater measurements, and planning geotechnical explorations
- Self-motivated, maintain good client relations, and customer service
- Ability to work with supervision of Project Engineer or Department Manager in planning projects, preparing reports, calculations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Client service and business development oriented
- Enjoy working in the office and out in the field
- Valid, clean Motor vehicle license
- Pass drug screen and physical
- Overtime may be required
- Heavy lifting, if required to assist the drill crew
When you join us, you can find your own way through:
1. Community. Giving of time, treasures, and talents to fulfill personal passions and show up in your community.
2. Empowerment. Our employees are given full reign and the trust to make decisions in the best interest of their clients and teams.
3. Flexibility. The freedom to be a professional. The freedom to be a person.
4. ESOP. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is owned 100% by employees – equitably, a fact most employee-owned firms can’t claim.
5. Having fun. Laughing, jokes, high fives, celebrations – we take our work seriously but not ourselves.
6. Teamwork. A sense of belonging, learning from those around you, and feeling like you’re on the winning team.
It is the policy of OWN, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.