Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and has suitable training or certification to operate power tools, shop equipment, welding and cutting equipment and standard hand tools.
Major responsibilities include regular preventative maintenance on MRF (Materials Recovery Facility) plant maintenance activity, including conveyor belts, gear box motors, balers, steel magnets, and eddy currents. The successful candidate should have some experience/knowledge with welding and fabricating. Maintenance personnel must be familiar with the limitations of their trade licenses and bring to the attention of their supervisor any situations requiring maintenance that are outside the scope of these limitations.
This position has a starting rate of $16.50/hour, with the potential for an increase after probationary period.
What will you do?
- Perform preventative maintenance as per the daily, weekly and monthly checklist on the Single Stream System as prepared by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Work in accordance with OHSA sections 27 & 28 and any other applicable sections.
- Be knowledgeable and practice safe procedures with respect to LOTO, fall arrest, hot work permits and confined space.
- Always wear the appropriate PPE.
- Be aware and alert of all plant moving equipment, belts, bearings, conveyors and take preventative measures to minimize plant downtime.
- Perform different jobs as assigned by supervisor or Millwright journeyman.
- Hours of work are Sunday to Thursday 11 pm to 7:30 am and occasionally Saturday for 8 hrs from 7am to 3:30 pm.
- After noon /night shift available.
What will you bring?
- Third or fourth year student in the 433A millwright program
- At least 2/3year apprentice registered with ministry of skill /Taring Ontario
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant, hands-on experience.
- High School or equivalent of 2 years industrial or fabrication shop experience and metals manufacturing.
- Mechanical aptitude; must be able to read and interpret drawings.
- Must have good welding skills (arc organ) and know how to use acetylene torch
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and above as need it.
- Must be dependable: on time and work regularly scheduled shift and available working on weekends.
- Variety of job functions including some shop works materials handling equipment’s such as baler material handling conveyors.
- Must know about the gear boxes and motors, remove, repair and reassemble regularly.
- Must have owned transportation.
- Welding and fabrication skills preferred.
- Technical expertise with hydraulics, pumps, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot/diagnose failures of same.
- Good communication in both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- What do we have to offer you?
- Competitive base hourly rate and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan.
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth.
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role.
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold and fumes found in a shop environment.
- Exposure to unpleasant odours.
- Exposure to warehouse equipment.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position