Job Title: Busser/Runner/Support
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A Busser/Runner/Support person facilitates food service by assisting front of house staff in serving customers and bussing tables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Delivers food quickly, calmly and accurately to customers and bar staff
· Removes dirty dishes between courses from customer tables
· Clears, cleans and resets tables after customers leave
· Stocks all side stations and assists with stocking bar supplies
· Assists with washing glasses at bar
· Waters tables (at direction of server)
· Maintains a clean and dry floor throughout the building
· Empties full trashcans
· Continuous communication with managers, hosts and servers
· Restocks line with china, serving utensils and clean serving napkins
· Polishes and distributes all clean silver and glassware during and at the end of every shift
· Attends required trainings and meetings
· Delivers an exceptional experience through outstanding hospitality and food service to the guests.
Other Duties and Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Continuous Learning - Seeks feedback to improve performance
· Job Knowledge - Competent in dining processes, supply stock and inventory, menu offerings, etc.
· Independence - Requires minimal supervision
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Customer Service - Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs
· Cooperation - Offers assistance and support to co-workers
· Ethics - Works with integrity and principles
· Organizational Support - Follows restaurant policies and procedures
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction
· Efficient - Completes work in timely manner
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
· Education and/or Experience - No prior experience or training.
· Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Job may require repetitive movements over long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The Company may modify the above description, from time to time, as necessary. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor
Companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality are Equal Opportunity Employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, service member status or any other classifications protected by local, state and federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not a contract for employment. Employment at companies managed by Long Shot Hospitality is on an “at-will” basis and is for no definite period and may be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. Equally, employees are free to terminate their employment at any time for any reason. This at-will employment policy applies to all employees of companies owned by Long Shot Hospitality.