opportunity for a local teacher or a recent graduate with an interest in
education or outdoor recreation. Join the team at Migis Lodge, Maine’s premiere
family lakeside Full American Plan Resort as our Childcare Manager. This
leadership position is responsible for working to organize our three child care
programs including two kids’ camps, children's dinner programs, and private
sitting. You will supervise about 20 child care staff and organize programs to
ensure participants, in the absence of parents, a safe, fun, well-coordinated
experience. You will be tasked with communicating with parents before arrival
and during their stay as well as with the Migis front desk. In addition you
will provide training, scheduling, coaching and consistent evaluation of your
staff and you will engage with children participating in the programs.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Compensation: $15 - $18 per hour, depending on experience.
Seasonal Position: June through October
Start date: June
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: Previous child care/education experience and past leadership experience required.
Migis Lodge is seeking a creative, positive and outgoing individual who loves working with kids to manage our very popular Children's Programs. Child Care Manager is responsible for hiring, training, and evaluating a staff of about 20. Your staff will create and run 4 individual programs: 1) Kids Camp for guests ages 4 to 6; 2) Adventure Camp for guests ages 7 and up; 3) "The Zoo", our children's dinner program for kids of any age; and 4) Private Babysitting usually for children under 3, but can be for kids of any age. The right candidate must be comfortable working, and coaching your young staff on working with children from infants through tweens. In addition to supervising the staff and children, you will be the main liason with parents. The Child Care Manager contacts families before they arrive to find out about their needs, assigns staff to that family based on those needs, and helps iron out any conflicts. Child Care Manager is also in charge of developing age appropriate curriculum based on what we have done in past, and for ensuring proper supplies are available, proper staffing ratios maintained, and proper health and safety protocols are followed. We will also hire 1-2 Child Care Supervisors to assist with running the program. This is
great opportunity to grow your leadership skills, to work outside in our well
established and creating kids pavilion and playground. You will improve your communication skills,
you will exercise your creativity, and you will be a role model to younger staff
members, some of whom will be experiencing their first “real job”. Our guests report that the fun, creative
times their children have had in our programs, is what keeps them coming back
year after year. Be a part of this
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain a safe environment for child
• Create a positive child care atmosphere
• Competent in water with swimming and watching children
• Be physically able to stay at children’s pace
• Knowledgeable in treating minor wounds
• Responsible for bodily fluids of the child you are watching
• Cleaning up any space used during activities
o Cabin, Boulders, Playground, Beach
• Provide dedicated services to one guest family per week or shorter stay guests. If not assigned to one family, assist as assigned as part of kids camp or zoo program as needed.
• Available to provide extra child care to the family when needed outside of scheduled programs
• Prepare activities and play games
• Be sure you understand all safety standards and emergency communication procedures established by supervisors/managers
• Handle and communicate guest requests, special needs, guest complaints in a professional manner.
• Label and submit all lost and found items according to property procedures.
• Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and how to handle unsanitary linens, bodily fluids, etc. Be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying.
• Be aware of allergy/health concerns of each child in your care. Be aware of the dangers of cross contamination issues.
• Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
• Manually handle/lift/carry up to 50 pounds between knee and shoulders.
• May be required to be vertically mobile working for entire shift.
• Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have the ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with children and adults, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
• Must be able to multi-task and have the ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations
• Schedule varies according to operational needs; may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, and split-shifts.
• Frequent hand-washing.
• Active listening and observation skills.
• Hazards include, but are not limited to lifting injuries, exposure to unsanitary materials, slips, and tripping.