Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation
Job Description: Alpine Competition Coach
To provide access to competitive Mountain Sports programs for the youth of the Treasure Valley; encourage our athletes to achieve their academic and athletic goals while learning sportsmanship, building self-esteem, developing a strong work ethic and creating a lifelong love of an active lifestyle.
Core Values: Sportsmanship * Fun * Integrity * Grit * Teamwork
POSITION: Reports to the Athletic Director and is responsible for working cooperatively with coworkers and supervisors to coach athletes, from ages with the U12-U16 staff as appropriate, implementing policies, programs and goals as they relate to the program at large.
Full-time and part-time opportunities are available, beginning between September 15 - and November 1 and may continue until April 15. The winter schedule includes 3-6 days per week depending on position, Tuesday – Sunday. Must pass a background check and complete SafeSport training. Travel is required and a clean driving record is required.
Must ski at an expert level
Experienced coaching Alpine ski racing and technical skills.
US Ski and Snowboard - Coaching Certification level 100 (minimum)
Excellent communication skills
Effective organizational skills
· Must enjoy working with children of all ages.
· The employee is regularly required to stand for periods up to eight hours at a time in ski/snowboard boots; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; must talk and hear through walkie-talkies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close/distant vision. Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
· The employee is regularly required to lift up to fifty pounds.
· Must be able to ski/ride at an advanced level.
· Has command of basic computer and word processing skills.
· Ability to perform essential duties efficiently and accurately, with or without reasonable accommodations and without injury to incumbent or others.
· US Ski and Snowboard coach license including Safe Sport Certification and background screening.
· Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
● Coaching of the U12 and older athletes
● Work with staff coaches cooperatively as needed
● Participate in BBSEF Fall conditioning programs as needed
● Assist with BBSEF wide events as needed
● Assist with BBSEF fundraising events as needed
Athlete training, preparation, & administration
● Develop a personal professional coaching philosophy consistent with the mission and goals of the BBSEF
● Actively support the policies, procedures, methodologies, and philosophies of the BBSEF while employed by BBSEF
● Participate in on-snow training at all levels
● Assist in organizing training camps when necessary and appropriate
● Utilize video review/archiving techniques
● Meet with athletes, coaches, and parents for program nights/explanations as needed
● Support and encourage athlete retention effort ongoing
● Attend meetings as necessary
● Attend end of year Awards Banquet
● Transport BBSEF athletes to races and projects as needed
● After each trip direct athletes to properly clean up the interior of the vehicle
● Clean vehicle after travel, wash, vacuum, wipe down interior
● Check oil change/tire rotation stickers and address as necessary
● Report all expenses (with receipts) to the ACT Head Coach
● Attend Team Captains meetings
● Assist as needed with maintaining inventory records of all program-related equipment
● Repair and maintain equipment as necessary
● Review technical videos and publications
● Attend professional development courses/seminars including local Officials Clinics to upgrade/update personal skills as required