Are you an experienced Fundraiser that has a heart for those experiencing homelessness? Join our Development Team! The Mustard Seed is seeking an energetic relational and organized Fund Development Specialist to help eliminate homelessness and reduce poverty in the cities where we serve.
The Development Specialist in Red Deer will rally community support and assist with building solid donor relationships for the Red Deer ministry. Supporting the Sr. Development Officer, the Specialist will plan, manage and implement Red Deer’s development and community engagement activity by cultivating relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community and church stakeholders, and members of the business community. It is imperative for building community supports that Mustard Seed ambassadors understand and have established relationships with our guests at the front line. This will provide meaningful relationships and context when garnering supports and fostering relationships in the wider community.
seeing the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed, the Development Specialist actively facilitates a variety of opportunities for the community to support our
mission, both financially and in spirit. This is a professional level position
responsible for the planning, execution and evaluation of an integrated
development plan that results in fostering community patronage, engagement
activities and financial support.
Position Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Chief Development Officer
Location: Red Deer
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed throughout the Central Alberta area and be an example of the Christian values and principles that are the foundation of our ministry;
- Support existing programs that increase awareness of the work of the Red Deer Mustard Seed with regard to the issues of poverty and homelessness and help to identify new programs as appropriate;
- Act as a project lead on several internal and third-party events that will equate and account for approximately 20% of the role.
- Coordinate with interdepartmental groups to leverage any relevant current programs and procedures, such as Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Legacy Giving, Community Engagement and Volunteer Resources;
- Prepare monthly reports and statistics on progress and activities achieved against the key performance indicators established.
- Support the Senior Development Officer in the development, implementation and execution of the Development strategy and program to nurture, solicit, close, and steward individual, corporate, church, foundation, and association donations with a view to increasing revenue for the Red Deer operations.
- Personally cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of individual and corporate donors $250K to $400K annually, with the goal of increasing donation revenue each year.
- Support the Development program through effective gift acknowledgement and stewardship including the creation of thank you letters, impact reports, and personal correspondence where appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications.
- Cultivate relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community and church stakeholders, and members of the business community.
- Maintain accurate donor records and facilitate donation processing in collaboration with Donor Relations team.
- Hands-on planning and coordination of all Development activities and special events with emphasis on the newly introduced gala signature event.
- Establish strong rapport and relationships in the Red Deer community by representing our values in all community interactions including church, educational venues and community business leaders;
- Build and implement a strategic Community Engagement program aligned with and supportive of The Mustard Seed’s Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Alberta Community Engagement teams, and localize those strategies specific to the Red Deer and Central Alberta community needs;
- Creatively and analytically identify strategic opportunities to cultivate and engage key supporters, providing opportunities to match supporters’ interests with organizational priorities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A Christ-centered passion to end homelessness
- Post-secondary education, with preference given to an applicant with 1 to 3 years of experience in fundraising within a non-profit environment.
- Superior interpersonal skills, making presentations and public speaking skills, good listening and negotiation skills;
- Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities and the ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- A skill for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to professionally manage strategic partnerships with churches, consultants, businesses, and government representatives;
- Customer service experience is an asset. Two years of experience in a customer service role is preferred.
- Experience in Raisers’ Edge, SalesForce or other Donor Database Management system an asset.
- Exceptional planning and prioritization skills, time management and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, writing reports, letters,
- Demonstrated drive and initiative to accomplish results;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently;
- Employment Security Check and Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
- An Employment Background Check is required for
all positions at The Mustard Seed
- This position requires the use of a
personal vehicle for company use. The candidate must have a valid driver’s
licence and maintain $2M Vehicle Liability insurance on the vehicle being used.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian
ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The
Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in
Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information
we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest,
however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The
Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls
- Please visit our careers page to see more job