Parking Attendant (ref 1031)
If you are looking for a team that brings out the best in each other, a team that has fun and are proud of their work - we want to hear from you! Eldorado Resort is currently looking for a seasonal Parking Attendant.
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at all our sister properties
- A fun work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, collaboration and guest excellence.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for four hotels within Kelowna.
- Affordable Staff Housing in central Kelowna
resort Parking Attendant monitors the front entrance, greets
guests and assists with parking vehicles, baggage handling upon arrival and
departure. Acts as a liaison for guests, for both the resort and non-resort
services. Assists the guest with inquiries concerning the resort or
off-premises attractions, facilities, services or activities. Responds to
guest’s needs and relays information to appropriate departments. Manages parking and traffic control in
assigned areas and monitors all resort parking areas. Knows how to provide concise, accurate directions
and has strong oral communication skills while displaying genuine interest in
Responsibilities and Accountability:
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Assist guests on arrival and departure in parking vehicles, handling luggage and any other items.
- Opening doors, escorting guests to the resort registration area, controlling vehicles, traffic flow and safety at the resort entrance.
- Performs light housekeeping services in the Lobby and entry area by maintaining the cleanliness and neatness.
- Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place at the Resort. Coordinates the storing, tracking, tagging and retrieval of luggage, as well as any outgoing or incoming courier packages. Escort VIP guests to room as required.
- Assist with stay over guest’s room transfers (aka, room moves).
- Conducts guest room and resort tours as needed. Bellmen also serve as parking attendants.
- Taking ownership of the parking lot by blocking spaces and directing both event guests and hotel guests to proper reserved parking areas.
- Accurately notes and enters license plate numbers for guest parking permits and valet services.
- Manage parking and traffic control in assign area and monitor all surface and garage parking areas for facility.
- Perform regular patrol on all parking areas and provide assistance to guest if required.
- Manage and resolve all customer queries and control traffic at entrance and exists at all times and perform repairs on all parking equipment if required.
parking to ensure optimal utilization of area and maintain safety of all
Skills and Qualifications
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the following:
- Self-starter, eye for detail, and keen observation skills
- Pro-active and anticipate guest needs and expectations
- Able to react appropriately in stressful situations
- Organized and efficient
- Excellent oral and written communication with a focus on selling techniques
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time standing, sitting, lifting heavy items
- Strong customer service and telephone skills, organized and efficient
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position