Job Title: Podcast Producer
Reports to: Director of Audio & Visual
Department: Media Production
Messenger International is a ministry with a divine calling to develop uncompromising followers of Christ who transform our world. Therefore, this position will be filled by a candidate who 1) embodies the core beliefs of our organization with respect to God, The Bible, and God's function in our everyday life and 2) champions our fundamental commitment to spread the gospel to the world.
Responsible for advancing Messenger International's vision by producing and managing podcast content, coordinating production activities, collaborating with marketing teams, and ensuring the high-quality delivery of podcast episodes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Send production itineraries to talents, including shoot times and important updates.
- Compile questions and reviews weekly for podcast episodes.
- Schedule podcast shoots, coordinating with talents and production team.
- Proof podcasts in post-production, ensuring quality and adherence to standards.
- Compose and compile podcast episode descriptions, including resource links.
- Work with advertising agencies to integrate advertisements into episodes.
- Print off all outlines and show notes for recording sessions.
- Compose outlines and show notes for podcast episodes.
- Upload and publish all podcast episodes on platforms.
- Interface with the marketing team to ensure podcast assets reach the correct marketers.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling podcast titles.
- Reach out to potential guests for podcast appearances.
- Stay updated with the podcasting industry trends and news.
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to promoting Messenger's growth within the podcast world.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Media Production, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in podcast production or related roles.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency with podcast hosting platforms (e.g., Simplecast).
- Familiarity with audio editing software (e.g., Audacity, Adobe Audition).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of podcasting industry trends and best practices.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Marketing experience is a plus.
- Signed acknowledgement of Messenger's Statement of Faith and Staff Covenant/Lifestyle Agreement forms.
- Signed acknowledgement of policies and procedures as stated in our employee handbook.
- Able to function independently.
- Possesses the ability to speak clearly.
- Can lift up to 25 pounds (with or without assistance).
- Able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods.
Nashville, Tennessee area. MUST BE A U.S CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION.
Full-time, 40-hour work week with the potential for occasional overtime. This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime pay.
This is an experienced administrative position with a salary range of $45,000-$65,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Health, Dental, AD&D & Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Maternity/Paternity leave benefits after 3-year tenure
- Messenger will pay for renewal of certifications and required continued education