Located across from the Kelowna International Airport, the Hampton Inn & Suites is currently accepting applications for part-time and full-time Runners. The Hampton Inn & Suites – Kelowna Airport is a brand-new hotel, scheduled to open December 2019! This position is expected to start on or around December 2nd, 2019.
To assist guests by delivering items to guest rooms and cleaning rooms if needed. When not assisting guests you’ll assist with cleaning and laundry. Must have a friendly demeanor and be able to provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a neatly groomed appearance (uniform clean and name tag on)
- Arriving at least 10 minutes before the start of your shift
- Must be able to perform any and all guest requests
- Ability to multi-task, will be required to drop a task to assist guests first
- Answer and assist with all guest requests in a timely manner
- Must be able to work well independently, as well as in a team atmosphere
- Being knowledgeable of our facilities and services with the ability to promote and direct guests to those areas
- Assisting with laundry, washing and delivering linen to the floors as well as sorting the laundry chute
- Manually transport and distribute laundry to pre-designated locations
- Handle chemicals in a cautious and responsible manner in compliance with MSDS
- Separate all linen/towels accordingly, including any types of stains
- Stocking the housekeeping carts with linen, guest supplies and cleaning supplies
- Will be required to clean guest rooms
- Take online training as required by Hilton
- Assisting other departments when necessary and resolving challenges that may occur
- Comply with all standard operating procedures and policies of Hampton Inn & Suites Kelowna Airport
- Perform other related duties assigned by the management team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk 8 hours a day. As well as, handle repetitive movements, such as: pulling, pushing, lifting and bending up to 8 hours a day.
- Able to work in warm conditions (machinery) and a medium noise level
- Available to work varied shifts: days, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction