The RN will assist in ensuring the provision of quality care that promotes the highest practicable physical, the mental and psychological well-being of each resident as determined by resident assessments and individual plans of care.
- Conduct rounds on assigned residents at beginning of the shift, at least every two hours and upon completion of the shift.
- Conduct rounds with physician and record visits in clinical records.
- Perform narcotic reconciliation with incoming and outgoing shifts.
- Review the 24-Hour Report with incoming and outgoing Charge Nurse.
- Provides and oversees nursing care to assigned residents during the weekend shift
- Identify significant changes in the condition of residents and takes necessary action per facility policies and procedures.
- Supervise aides in performing duties by verifying their assignments have been completed.
- Assist in implementing acute care plans as the resident’s condition changes
- Assist with admissions, QA, etc. and weekend admissions
- Hot rack and critical patient follow up
- Audit MARs, SMARs, TARs, ADL sheets for omissions
- Review of new telephone orders for correct components, transcription, follow up, acute care plans, etc.
- Responsible for physician calls, with the intent of better communication with physicians thereby reducing re-admissions
- Must possess a current Texas RN license that is in good standing with the State of Texas
- Previous weekend supervisor or management experience working in a skilled nursing facility is preferred
- The ideal candidate will commit to the weekend schedule and provide leadership to staff
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled