Delkin Devices is a privately held company founded in 1986, with Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA and European Offices in Birmingham, England. Delkin is consistently recognized as one of San Diego County’s leading manufacturing companies, with sales and distribution channels across the world. The Delkin name is associated with paramount quality, professionalism, and most importantly innovation, serving both industrial and consumer markets worldwide.
Summary: Under general direction, this role is mainly responsible for maintaining the printing schedule; blister and label die cutting duties; performs a variety of technical and support services involving printing and production operations; performs related duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the print queue and set up each job to print optimally.
- Ensure job tickets are 100% accurate based on information provided.
- Properly load/unload required paper types in all presses.
- Ensure correct cutting and printing of blister cards, header cards, inserts, etc.
- Ensure proper press and/or cutter maintenance.
- Ensure all assigned workspaces are always clean, this includes print desks, presses, floors, and computer desktops.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong experience in blister die cutting, digital label die cutting and printing, and bindery stitching/cutting.
- Demonstrated working knowledge with a digital label die cutter.
- Demonstrated working knowledge with a digital production printer.
- Experience with a UV coater/glue coater.
- High-level attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of 4 color printing process.
- Basic Math and Computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Illustrator, a plus.
- Work is performed in a production and warehouse environment.
- Exposure to moderate levels of noise and variations in temperature.
- Position requires significant time periods of walking and standing, kneeling and bending, with periodic amounts of lifting to 50 pounds.
- Some exposure to normal printing fumes, PPE is provided.
- Associates degree or vocational education in Machine Setting, Operators and Tenders, and/or equivalent years of directly related experience.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Printer Operator, Bindery Operator, or Die Cutter.
- Basic knowledge of math.
- Basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite, including Excel.