BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
HAVAL is developing a research team in the US whose mission is to design and develop an autonomous research system capable of autonomous driving on pre-defined routes without the need for driver intervention, that would support future productization of an SAE Level 4 automated driving system in China for mobility services.
The primary responsibility for this job is to lead a team of engineers in the development of a perception system spanning a suite of sensors used to perceive the environment of an autonomous vehicle both internal and external to the vehicle.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Develop a perception team and system that supports the broad ADS engineering community in the development of an autonomous vehicle.
- Oversee the perception development for sensors including LiDAR, RADAR, camera.
- Lead and work with the ADS team in the development and improvement of sensor and perception fusion required for object classification, ranging, localization, behavior, motion planning and passenger on and off boarding
- Lead the development of perception for functional safety, working closely with the functional safety and systems teams to develop a perception system capable of autonomous driving safety
- Integrate, test, improve and specify hardware and software to support the perception systems users
- Work closely with ADS team and ADS leadership to develop and support an ADS ecosystem
SPECIAL PROJECTS As assigned
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, robotics, automation or other relevant fields.
- At least 7+ years of relevant software experience in industry and 5 years of leadership/management experience in a technical management position.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience working with Real-time system development
- Experience in development of image processing solutions, machine vision, sensor fusion.
- Experience with object tracking, detecting, and fusion of sensors including LiDAR, RADAR, camera, ultrasonic, FPGA.
- Experience using ROS,
- Extensive programming experience with languages including C, C++, Python, Java, Matlab,
- Experience developing sensing and perception systems for real world applications
- Excellent communication skills with leadership traits.
- English fluency, verbal and written
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
- Typical office environment. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Candidates for positions with American Haval Motor Technology, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.