Position Summary: This position supports Product Development from late concept through clinical validation and is located in Tucson, Arizona. The successful candidate will work with a team of development scientists to bring novel molecular assays through validation, FDA approval, and commercialization.
- Supports molecular diagnostic assay development from late concept through clinical validation.
- Works with a group of development scientists to bring novel molecular assays through validation, FDA approval, and commercialization.
- Collaborates with external research and clinical investigators.
Minimum Qualifications (education, knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Master’s Degree in Genetics, Molecular, and Cellular Biology or related field plus 5+ years of industrial experience or Ph.D. with 2+ years of industrial experience
- Demonstrated experience managing time and projects to meet deadlines.
- Experience with developing IVD products and design controls required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- NexGen Sequencing (MiSeq, HiSeq, IonTorrent), gene expression and multiplexed assays
- Product development and design controls for in vitro diagnostics
- Excellent teamwork across functional groups.
- Ability to initiate, execute and direct scientific research and development activities.
- Understanding of risk management concepts.
- Ability to contribute novel ideas to solve problems both technical and organizational.
- Ability to independently set and carry out objectives, and assess project risks.
- Ability to make detailed experimental observations, review and analyze data, and interpret experimental results.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Weekend and evening work required in order to meet deadlines. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and airconditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires typing and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Occasional travel is required.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled