The Territory Manager will strategically partner with distributors, contractors, builders, developers, property management firms, architects and other applicable decision makers with the ultimate goal of increased revenues for Fortress Fence Products within assigned territory.
Core Value & Culture Fit:
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Meet / Exceed sales goals for Fortress Fence Products.
- Manage current customer relationships and become a strong partner through a consultative selling approach
- Target, identify and grow the distribution network as needed to ensure adequate coverage and availability of Fortress products.
- Target, identify and grow the contractor network to ensure market saturation, exposure, and availability for Fortress products.
- Demonstrate a “pull through” sales approach that builds demand and specification for Fortress products at the contractor, distributor and specification levels.
- Schedule and Perform product training sessions for new and/or existing products.
- Schedule and Perform CEU classes for architects.
- As the market expert, conduct and report competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence and other sales-related information for the territory.
- Identify and work key trade shows and/or home and garden shows in the territory to ensure that Fortress has strong exposure.
- Provide a weekly report to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Work national trade shows as applicable.
- Other responsibilities as relevant to the position and assigned by the manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing
- Minimum 3 -5 years of relevant experience in the fence, construction or building materials industry
- Willingness and ability to structure productive activity plans from a home office environment with little to no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Ability to design and execute a sales plan to drive intended results
- Driven personality with a “winning” attitude
- Must be a team player with a dedication to Fortress Fence Products’ success
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight
- Greater Charlotte or Greater Raleigh residency preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled