The Banquet Server will be responsible for servicing of Banquet functions in the meeting space. An ideal candidate for this role has great communication skills with a positive demeanor and the ability to multi-task and work well with others.
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverage as stated in Banquet Event Order.
- Prepare tables, actions stations, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts, and cordial carts. Setup meal and reception buffets, taste panels, individual event functions, without managerial assistance.
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Answer questions on menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability.
- Follow cycle time guidelines for all meals.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of assigned tables including ensuring courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed.
- Communicate with guests and other crew members (employees) and ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service.
- Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plate-ware, glassware, and flatware.
- Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests, including checking for cleanliness, cracks, and chips. Banquets
- Respond to, and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements requested by guest.
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation from opening to closing.
- Follow up on special banquet arrangements requested by the guest to ensure compliance.
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
- Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Assist other team members to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Must work well in a stressful, high-pressure situations
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- An aptitude for self-motivation
- A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach
- A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
About TWA Hotel
The TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in spring 2019) is owned and operated by MCR, the sixth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, and The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan. The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com