Your career can take flight at the TWA Hotel, which opened in May 2019 at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. The TWA Hotel is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Assistant Director of Sales for our first-class, 512-room destination hotel that has the historic Eero Saarinen designed 1962 TWA Flight Center. Bringing the magic of the Jet Age to JFK Airport, the hotel features ultra-quiet guest rooms with runway views as well as 50,000 square feet of Meeting & Event space that can host up to 1,400 people. The Food and Beverage offerings are, the Paris Café by Jean-George, the Sunken Lounge, “Connie” Cocktail lounge, and the Food Hall with grab-and-go dining. The hotel also offers high-end retail outlets, a TWA museum, a rooftop infinity pool and a 10,000-square-foot observation deck will contribute to a one-of-a-kind guest experience.
As a key member of the sales team, the Assistant Director of Sales is responsible for the Large Corporate Group Market. This individual is accountable for the revenue generation of the property; increasing revenue by solicitation of new accounts, maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing accounts to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded. Must maintain the highest level of competency to help the property achieve its business goals.
Responsible for sales and revenue generation for the
property with focus on group and event sales.
· Responsible for maintaining compliance and up
to date on new sales initiatives for the hotel
- Play major role in business development and market
demands and easily adapting to new strategies based on market conditions.
· Assists other Sales Managers as needed with
new business development and client relationships
Act as the representative of the Sales team in the
absence of the Director of Sales
Directly supervises the efforts of the Sales and Services
Understands the overall Market, competitors, economic
trends, supply and demand, etc.
Ability to implement and maintain all sales related documentation
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for
profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel’s market share by utilizing
various reports along with the guidance of Revenue Management and sales
· Be actively involved in the STAR report to
help shape target business that will improve hotel performance
account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete
and documented. Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing
conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
needed to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
hotel at trade shows. Set up exhibits involving bending, stooping, lifting and
information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by
potential business from that account.
· Achieve/exceed professional personal and team goals as
Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements etc.
Support guest experience and satisfaction in all
Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site
presentations for potential clients.
Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with
established departmental policies and procedures and via appropriate systems
Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area
Promote teamwork and
quality service through daily communication and coordination with other
• High School/GED is required
• Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a full-service hotel as Senior Sales Manager is required, 3 to 5 years is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a full-service hotel as Senior Sales Manager handling the Corporate Group Market is required.
• Previous full-service hotel experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
• Demonstrated consistent ability to achieve and exceed sales goals is required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point is required.
• Prior experience using Delphi Account Management is strongly preferred
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal is required.
• The ability to actively support operational teams
• The ability to implement and maintain all sales documentation
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
MCR is the sixth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan, and the TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in spring 2019). The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com
The Company and its corporate affiliates are Equal Opportunity employers. The Company and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.