The successful candidate will have responsibilities for reviewing and updating lab quality control processes, reviewing and analyzing results of tests to improve product quality level and maintaining product inventory. Tasks will include preparing the product for internal and external customers and operation, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment. They will utilize standard procedures to formulate, test, fill and assemble the product.
- Operates and maintains automated laboratory equipment, such as pipettors, scales, incubators, PCR/qPCR instruments and nucleic acid sequencers.
- Assembles reagents, kit orders, and other products for shipment to customers in accordance with standard protocols
- Formulate reagents and solutions utilizing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and approved Work Instructions (WI’s)
- Maintains accurate and updated production records
- Adheres to company safety requirements
- Keeps accurate inventory of laboratory and salable items
- Maintains a clean, orderly workspace and laboratory
- Adheres to Company quality policies and administrative requirements
- Works well independently with day to day supervision
- Adheres to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and appropriate assay protocols
Minimum Qualifications (education, knowledge, skills, and abilities):
Education: Associate’s Degree in relevant scientific discipline; Bachelor’s Degree in relevant scientific discipline strongly preferred
Experience: 1-2 year relevant experience for Associate’s Degree and 0-1 year relevant experience for Bachelor’s Degree.
Knowledge of (Position Requirements at entry):
- Basic laboratory techniques, such as pipetting, measuring and keeping a laboratory notebook
- Basic math and principles of experimental methods
- Good written and oral skills in English
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail
Skills and Abilities (Position Requirements at entry):
- Ability to acquire basic job skills, such as learning new assays and instrument operation
- Ability to read and interpret assays protocols, instrument operating manuals, work instructions, manufacturing formulas, company quality policies and safety rules, such as Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to accurately record information into laboratory notebooks and other documents
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Has good interpersonal skills and discusses manufacturing problems with coworkers and supervisor
- Willingness to accept instruction and coaching
- Ability to maintain a professional and productive relationship with supervisor and coworkers
- Ability to work within a team environment in a culture of accountability
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Some weekend and evening work is occasionally required in order to meet deadlines. Shift work may occasionally be required. Work is indoors in a seasonally heated and air-conditioned environment. The position is sedentary and requires pipetting, typing, and the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Note: This job description describes only the key areas of responsibilities and will vary depending on the business needs of the Company.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled