The Universal Banker position is responsible for delivering excellent customer experiences to current and potential customers. Employees in this position will display effective communication skills and exhibit a good knowledge of the products and services offered. Also responsible for offering referral opportunities that will result in outcomes that define excellent customer service.
• Travel to designated branches within the assigned region.
• Opening and processing new accounts, including, but not limited to, DDA, SAV, IRA’s, certificates of deposit and money market accounts.
• Completes account packets with required documentation and submits to Deposit Operations within the required time frame.
• Maintaining files on the account status of branch customers; informing customers when fixed time deposit accounts have matured; renewing accounts or opening new accounts.
• Maintains required monthly cross-sell ratio by offering other bank services.
• Makes required monthly referrals for bank products and services to current and prospective customers.
• Maintains required customer retention at an acceptable level.
• Handles and relays through the Operations Department: Power of Attorneys, successions, and estates.
• Handles and relays through the Compliance Department: Subpoenas and court orders.
• Send items for collection.
• Collects charge-offs.
• Makes monthly Portfolio Retention calls.
• Initiates wire transfers.
• Accepts consumer loan applications from current and prospective customers.
This position processes a variety of routine financial transactions, including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payment in accordance with bank policy and procedures, maintains an appropriate level of cash on hand, records all transactions accurately, and is responsible for managing and balancing a cash drawer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide excellent customer service while listening for assist opportunities, explain and promote bank products or services to customers.
2. Follow up with prospects and current customers by telephone or letter to promote new products and services.
3. Answer questions and solve problems for customers and office staff concerning all services provided by the bank.
4. Maintains a detailed level of knowledge of retail and business products and services.
5. Prepare Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
6. Maintain an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy guidelines.
7. Actively monitor the status of key customer relationships to promote business growth and service quality. Increase the number of services used per customer to increase both profits and customer retention.
8. Responsible for accepting and underwriting loan applications for personal/retail consumer needs.
9. Process daily transactions through “Branch Capture” ensuring debits and credits balance in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
10. Rent safe deposit boxes and prepare rental paperwork and signature card.
11. Perform normal cash handling duties.
12. Able to identify correct product types through needs-based questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer relationships.
13. Actively participate in weekly meetings and one on one coaching sessions.
14. Perform new account and maintenance duties.
15. Adhere to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies
16. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• 1 year of experience in customer service, or
• 6 months of cash handling experience
• High school diploma or equivalent, College Degree preferred
• Must be able to use good judgment and be discreet with confidential information
• Must possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, good communications, and computer skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled