Job Description Summary:
Knowledge of basic accounting principles and functions specifically with the Hotel/Resort Hospitality Industry. Hotel/Resort Experience required.
- Experienced in accounting processes.
- Hotel Finance/accounting experience required.
- Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
- Associate college degree or equivalent experience/training.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- This role will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly accounting postings & deadlines across two hotel properties.
- General Ledger maintenance and reconciliations.
- Preparations of accurate and timely monthly financial statements.
- State and local operational tax filings.
- Support and assist the processing of biweekly, multi-state payroll with our payroll partner including balancing and reconciling all payroll figures. Assist and support the off cycle processing and Pay Card activities.
- Prepare within conjunction with General Manager and Department Heads, all operational budgets and forecasts.
- Distribute all financial statements and month-end reports to Ownership, Management Company, and Dept. heads.
- Maintain lead schedule for all Capital in Progress.
- Maintain all contracts, leases and other legal and financial records.
- Maintain a summary of maintenance contracts and leases.
- Process and mail out year-end 1099s.
- Accumulate, process and distribute information related to labor forecasting/scheduling system.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Train and assist with coordination of accounting processes.
- Occasional travel.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage time and energies in an efficient, effective and organized manner.
- Must be compassionate, positive, motivational and driven.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are necessary to perform administrative and clerical duties using proper rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Computer literacy: Proficient in Microsoft Office & familiar with internet page browsing and extraction of data conduct complete internet research. Experience with AP, M3 and Profit Sword accounting software desired.
- Ability to maintain strict adherence to confidentiality requirements
- Ability to operate phones, calculator, computer equipment, fax machines, copiers, and printers
Peachtree Hospitality Management is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled