Job Code 023 Job Title Finance / Accounting Transition Manager
Department Accounting Reports to Director of Finance
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: Primary responsibilities will include assisting the operations team in the monthly operations review, identifying areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, and being involved in the annual budget process, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of operations performance.
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Fully trained on Up To Par payroll processes
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations
- Lead all Financial Transitions of new properties/clients
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Attend mandatory company and/or departmental meetings and training
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation
- Train on-site property financial team to Up To Par Financial processes and procedures
- Perform general ledger entries by maintaining records and files, and reconciling accounts
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information
- Assist Director of Finance with payroll function - be able to fully implement payroll in the absence of Director of Finance
- Determine whether or not accounting function for properties can be accomplished at the corporate or property level
- Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system by inputting data, scheduling required jobs and verifying data
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements, and reconciling accounts
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including balance sheet, monthly P&L statements, and membership financials for assigned properties
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Determine financial impact due to product cost reductions, new product rollout, etc. and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets
- Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization
- Prepare monthly analysis of the cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, provide explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement; as appropriate, based on findings, make proposals for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a positive personality
- Must be ambitious and self-motivated
- Must be passionate about finance and people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience in income statement analysis
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Google Business Platform, and PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills including the ability to work with lookups and pivot tables
- Must have excellent personal computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office
- Two to four years of experience in a similar position; experience with hospitality operations preferred
- Must have a flair for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload and/or issues to team deadlines, and have a very positive work attitude including a willingness to work some longer hours during peak periods
- Problem Solving -Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication -Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Dependability -Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies the appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability -Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
About the Company:
Up To Par Management is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Currently, Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.