Courtyard by Marriott and Townplace Suites Galveston
9550 Seawall Blvd.
Galveston, TX 77554
Develop and foster hotel business through direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, and tours of the hotel. This position is designed to lead in the solicitation of new accounts and maintenance of existing transient, group, and meeting room business. The Sales Director is responsible for all sales/marketing and advertising tasks, public relations and administrative reporting.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set an example for all hotel associates.
- Develop a Marketing Plan by gathering historical and competitive data, then setting goals and determining action plans to meet those goals. Work with the General Manager in preparing the annual sales and marketing budget.
- Develop new business through obtaining accounts from the competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market. The solicitation of new and saturation of existing business should be through a combination of in-house appointments, telephone, and personal calls as outlined by the Marketing Plan and Budget.
- Maintain close relations with the major accounts tourism and business associations, and community leaders to develop positive rapport and ensure repeat business.
- Prepare and interpret month-end reports. Monitor and analyze trends so we are always prepared and proactive to changes rather than reactive. Know your competitor's business and ensure the hotel is receiving its fair share.
- Suggest and provide advertising or promotional support, holiday packages, corporate clubs, weddings, etc.
- Work closely with the Revenue Manager for the hotel and front desk to ensure the selling strategies are understood and adhered to, and revenue is maximized.
- Qualify and greet in-house guests at each hotel on a scheduled basis.
- Complete weekly reports and submit those required to the General Manager
- Use of Sales Forms on a consistent basis.
- Complete a minimum of 12-15 outside sales calls per week and 2-4 tours of the hotels per week.
- Complete a minimum of 50 Prospecting calls per week.
- Attend any brand required training as well as other meetings requested by the General Manager.
- Accommodate guest special requests whenever possible.
- Inform General Manager of potential opportunities/concerns with clients and the progress of special projects.
- Carry out any reasonable request by Management that you are capable of performing.
- Monitor room inventory and rate programs are knowledgeable of occupancy, average rate, and RevPAR goals.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
What we offer:
Click here to learn about our company!
In addition to your wage/salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits program to our full-time employees that include:
- Employer-Sponsored Medical Benefits (Employer pays 3/4 of the Health Plan Costs)
- Vision and Dental Plans
- Short-Term Disability
- $20,000 Employer Paid Life Insurance Benefit at no cost
- Discount room rates for Employees at Marriott Hotels Worldwide
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Referral and Bonus Program
Hospitality Resource Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled