This position requires a proactive person who has the ability to work independently in a timely manner, ensuring the job is done correctly the first time. Attention to detail. A drive to learn and maintain troubleshooting skills. Excellent customer service communication. Ability to work in a public café and maintain a calm composure and professional demeanor. Looking for someone who is reliable with efficient time management.
- Proficiency with tools, machinery, electricity, and plumbing
- Understanding overall brewing and espresso machine functions
- Core understanding of coffee brewing theory
- Able to read/interpret manuals and wiring diagrams
- Able to understand how water systems, brewers, and grinders interact in order to isolate the problematic system
- Assisting in maintaining an organized and cohesive parts and equipment inventory and workspace
- Performing regular preventative maintenance and service calls for customers, which may include emergency calls on nights and weekends
- Phone and Facetime troubleshooting
- Teaching wholesale and internal team member best practices for machine upkeep and cleanliness
- Troubleshooting espresso machines, coffee brewers, grinders, water systems, and other general MEP
- Assisting in equipment installation
- Assisting in maintaining PM schedules and repair logs
- Performing field visits to wholesale and internal cafes for check-in
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and climbing all day and for long periods of time.
- Functioning or working in close quarters
- Able to lift 50 lbs and apply heavy force on equipment without assistance
- Exposure to high temperature, moving parts, high voltage, and cleaning chemicals.