This position provides accounting, clerical, and office support to the Finance department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and count monies from various functions. Deposit monies in bank. Process cash receipts.
- Report and record receivables, perform computer system entries and balance ledgers.
- Process invoices, contracts and requisitions for payment, verify expense account coding, print purchase orders, maintain records and transfer of funds, process checks.
- Process utility bills and petty cash requests for payment.
- Work with employees and outside vendors to research and reconcile discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate audit support.
- Provide backup for payroll clerk as needed. Produce and update bi-weekly payroll using timekeeping system and other payroll processing system.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience Required
Related Experience: Two (2) years experience in accounts payable/receivable or fiscal recordkeeping, or equivalent combination of training, experience, and college course work. Must be over 18, and have a valid Driver's License.
Hours: June - mid-September; 40 hours per week.
Knowledge of: Data processing operations as applied to fiscal recordkeeping; Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting software; MS Office word processing, database, and spreadsheet software packages.
Skills in: Prioritizing tasks; setting up and making computations; locating and correcting errors; dealing effectively with employees and outside vendors; interpreting and applying written and verbal instructions.
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled