C4 Therapeutics is seeking a highly talented and experienced project manager to contribute to the development of novel degrader therapeutics by maximizing our external research capabilities. The ideal candidate will have the scientific background and industry experience to accelerate the C4T portfolio projects towards goals by managing the planning, execution, and delivery of external research with contract research organizations (CROs) while adhering to a budget, scope and timeline requirements. The Project Manager of External Research will have the opportunity to play a key role in the fulfillment of the company’s strategic, scientific and cultural vision.
As Project Manager for External Research, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, communicating, and onboarding new activities under the existing or new agreement
- Monitoring execution of agreed research work plan to ensure high-quality and timely delivery
- Establishing and maintaining a strong partnership with external CRO partners and internal stakeholders (functional area heads, project team leads, project management, contracts, finance)
- Serving as primary interface with external CRO partners, representing internal stakeholders.
- Scheduling and coordinating timely meetings with CROs and internal stakeholders to a) ensure alignment on study goals and design; b) communicate expectations, review progress and delays, c) identify issues and recommend solutions; d) capture action items and monitor timeline to delivery.
- Planning, monitoring and communicating changes in CRO resources, budgets and timelines.
- Interfacing with study sponsor, functional area heads, project leads, contracts, and finance to finalize/implement new or update existing work plans
- Working with CROs, operations, informatics and relevant stakeholders to implement efficient tracking of logistics ranging from compound management, data sharing, data formatting, sample shipping and receiving, and expected delivery dates
- Forging a close-knit partnership with PM colleagues to a) develop and implement best practices in the initiation, conduct, maintenance, reporting and termination of CRO research studies; b) monitor impact of CRO activities on project goals, timelines, and resources
- Establishing and maintaining both open and formal communication with senior leadership through timely feedback and reviews, resource evaluation, and gap analyses.
- Advanced degree in a core life science discipline such as biology, chemistry or related field, M.A. or Ph.D. preferred
- 7+ years of relevant working experience in biotech/pharma R&D, including experience with CROs
- Expertise in project management methodologies (MS Project, SharePoint, SmartSheet, MS Office)
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate across all levels of the organization internally and externally expected
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively in a productive team environment
- Strong academic background and a proven record of industry achievement through publications and presentations
- Candidates must have a pro-active attitude, share a passion for drug discovery, and be adaptable to a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with a strong desire to succeed in an agile team setting.