POSITION SUMMARY: The Graphic Design Creator plays an important role to entice, educate, and engage with guests using conceptual visual narratives that bring our brands to life. The primary responsibility of this position is the conceptualization, design, and creative execution of all collateral, booklets, corporate and brand identity, menus, and logo concepts, working with complex files. You will be a part of a design team that will focus on delivering the best creative solutions internally and externally. Your ability to be a team player is essential. Responsibilities will include preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief, reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if needed, and working in close collaboration with other departments. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and company policies, practices, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Use their extensive experience and skill set in digital graphic design to produce visual collateral for the Company
- Contribute stellar design skills with creative, edgy, and bold concepts for marketing and branding projects with a keen eye for a simple, strong design
- Create vision boards, storyboards and concept art for campaigns
- Build look books, event promotional materials, media kits, packaging inserts, etc., to enhance the customer journey and support PR/Guest Services needs
- Partner closely with all teams to identify problems and translate them into creative solutions that drive business metrics
- Support the design and production of digital assets including online/mobile graphics, emails, menus, party flyers, videos, animations, and other collateral
- Manage the production, repurposing, resizing, rethinking, and execution of approved design systems, while crafting new ones, for both print and digital assets
- Collect and complete approved change requests by various teams and departments in a timely manner
- Assist Marketing Team with large-scale projects from a creative viewpoint to include Presentation Decks, Print Collateral, social media assets etc.
- Openly welcome feedback from make improvements to designs for a stronger end product that is aligned with business objectives and messaging
- Ensuring all work is submitted for approvals
- Collaborate with creative management to ensure that designs meet corporate and operational expectations
- Collaborate with Content and Social teams to execute on campaign deployment, when needed
- Communicate project status, timelines, and delivery information to pertinent teams
- Liaise with internal departments, partners, and vendors to resolve challenges
- Stay current in design trends and styles in various media
- Maintain Company brand standards with all animations, videos, and graphics designed - all while keeping production at a level that keeps all departments on schedule
- Define success by producing high quality graphics that align with the pace and profitability of the Company.
- Works under minimal supervision, completing assigned tasks in a timely fashion
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
WORKING KNOWLEDGE /EDUCATION/REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience working in a similar hospitality, hotel, or resort setting preferred
- Professional portfolio showcasing work
- Knowledge of design best practices in print, digital, video and social platforms
- Understanding of motion graphics and its connection to design
- Understanding of Digital Content Creation best practices as relates to Social Media, YouTube, etc.
- Anticipate and quickly identify upcoming issues and projects, then independently reprioritize workflow to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to keep an open and objective view
- Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines, with particular attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various projects at one time, follow up and make accurate decisions
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and stressful work environment, and work well under pressure and meet all defined deadlines
- Solid foundation in the principles of UI and UX, concept development, brand development, and composition
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Constant contact with fellow Team Members is required
- Schedule could exceed 40 hours per week and may include overtime when approved by management
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to be exposed to day life/nightlife environmental factors including but not limited to second-hand smoke, excessive noise, flashing/strobe lights, and stress levels related to interacting with guests in a fast-paced environment.
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as Graphic Design Creator are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Also, at the request of management, any employee may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
TC Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.