The VP Product Management & Strategy will be an integral part of the Company's Executive Team, reporting to and working closely with the CEO. A dynamic commercially-minded team player, this executive is responsible for directing the creation of a strategic product vision to lead the Company into its next phase of growth while maximizing commercial upside. With a keen focus on technology and solutions, this person will drive the intuitive, impactful, and profitable SmartLInx product suite as it expands in existing and new markets, by ensuring that all products are highly attractive and relevant!
From an operational perspective, this person must make sure that product management best practices are being followed from product inception through delivery across the entire technology, product, and operations teams. It will be critical to work closely with Technology and Engineering leadership to instill and nurture a “customer-first” culture. It will also be important to advance and optimize product engineering processes. It will be fundamental for the success in this role that this leader works side-by-side with Marketing & Sales to communicate the product roadmap, support efforts around messaging and enablement.
Key areas of focus:
- Developing and driving Product Management strategies regarding customer experience, product life-cycle management, ROI measurements, and data analysis
- Identifying opportunities, emerging trends, improvements, and new initiatives to maximize the customer experience (throughout their lifecycle), company revenue, and profitability on existing product lines and reposition same for additional offerings
- Presenting business cases and plans to the executive team regarding new and enhanced product ideas
- Developing and maintaining systemic processes that are built into the overall planning processes by which stakeholders keep abreast of key trends, customer needs, and 'thought leaders' in corresponding areas to identify opportunities for growth
- Supporting, encouraging, and fostering intelligent risk-taking and innovation to build and deliver new approaches that improve the impact and financial performance of products
- Working with cross-functional teams and technology staff to coordinate the timely completion of product requirements
- Analyzing potential new market opportunities (TAM/HAM/fit) to further verticalize the SmartLinx product suite
- Support partner integration and go to market strategies.
- Working with sales and marketing to create the positioning and marketing strategy to be successful in the marketplace
Day to day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development and implementation of the Company’s overall strategic direction with a focus on the company’s product offerings,
- Work to define product strategy and the product roadmap based on market trends, market opportunity, customer needs, competitive analysis and input from sales, marketing and analysts.
- Participate as a member of the team that develops product and vertical strategy and direction. Work to ensure that the management team has clear, prompt visibility into resource requirements and deficits, product definition changes, and project status, and participate in product retrospectives for iterative improvements to the process.
- Strategically guide cross-functional product launch programs and go to market strategies; ensure integrated execution plans across marketing, sales, inside sales, solution consulting, services, support, and training teams.
- Manage the end-to-end product lifecycle from concept through release for all releases and initiatives, coordinating with the individual product owners to understand the status and direction of all ongoing projects, monitor and drive all phases including: reviewing and/or writing market-driven business requirements, working with business analysts on functional specs, and monitoring results of testing. Oversee supporting documentation, including release and launch package materials and packaged product documentation through to completion, including executive sign-off for initial and final release packages, balance efforts across the team, and escalate any issues as needed.
- Act as the “face” of SmartLinx’s products and solutions, evangelizing offerings through communication channels such as analysts, press, conferences, webinars, customer and prospect meetings, etc.
- Ensure product-related customer commitments are tracked, understood and delivered, including managing necessary internal and external communication of status and changes.
- Maintain strong working relationships with customers and prospects, working with product owners to define new product needs and wants. Obtain feedback from customers through running product planning and product review programs, drive selection and prioritization of customer-driven initiatives with internal decision makers and communicate requirements to product development.
- Participate in key sales efforts for strategic accounts/ opportunities as solution evangelist and assist with partner efforts as needed.
- When necessary, work across relevant departments to create product marketing collateral and product sales tools, such as product positioning, product presentations, sales proposal templates, competitive sales tools, and white papers.
- Own the onboarding of new employees within the product management group and the career development cycle of existing members of the product management team.
- In conjunction with finance, oversee P&L for new products and evaluate further investment and program expansions backed by business plans with ROI.
- Conduct competitive analysis on current, planned, and potential future solutions: drive internal understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Manage relevant vendor relationships, including, but not limited short-term project work support and/or offshore staff augmentation
- Advanced degree in the technical/business discipline and 10+ years B2B SaaS product and technology leadership experience
- Disciplined and organized approach to product management, with an entrepreneurial mindset and strong results orientation
- Track record of bringing new products to market on-time and on-budget, achieving market success.
- Experience leading a complex globally-distributed organization and familiarity with agile/next generation best practices
- Experience managing multiple large complicated software products with competing priorities with teams of direct and indirect reports as well as resources from other teams within the organization
- Outstanding business judgment, interpersonal, collaboration, and team building skills
- Experience and strength in communicating with executive team and board of directors
- Strong track record of presenting technology and displaying thought leadership both internally and externally to industry groups, partners and customers
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple functions and geographies while delivering meaningful, high-impact results
- Thought leader, ability to influence outcomes and quickly turn data into business insights
- Strong mentoring competencies and core values
- Able to travel up domestically to interact with customers and partners