Work involves operating equipment and performing manual labor supporting the Roads crew in the construction, installation, and maintenance of District parking lots and roads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs parking lot and roads maintenance, which includes patching of a pothole, crack sealing, sealing asphalt and paving projects
- Assists with asphalt installation; asphalt overlays and new roadway and parking lot construction
- Sweeping – Use of walk behind blowers, brooms, and shovels to clean corners and edges of parking lots
- Assist with stream clearing/dam removal; clear river bank and remove river debris that may cause obstruction
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of employment.
Hours: Mid May-August; Monday-Friday; 40 hours per week
Preferred Experience: Experience in outdoor manual labor in all types of weather conditions
Special training or other licenses, certification,etc.: Must have a valid Driver’s License. Additional training will be held for all seasonal employees.
Skills In: Safe and proper operation and maintenance of a variety of equipment; performing manual labor tasks; understanding and following verbal or written instructions; maintaining effective working relationships.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled