Our national multi-family management company is looking for a hard-working, Lead Maintenance professional with a “Whatever it Takes” attitude to join our team to oversee maintenance on a student housing community in San Marcos, TX.
Our ideal candidate must have at least 3 years of multi-family maintenance experience and at least 3 years of supervisory experience. Applicants must be familiar with plumbing repairs, tile work, HVAC equipment, appliances, carpentry repairs, electrical repairs and all facets of apartment make-ready, and must exhibit strong leadership skills.
- EPA Sec 608 Certification - either a Type I (small appliances) plus Type II (AC's), or Type Universal
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and be able to read, write and speak English.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, as well as move through the community and maneuver around equipment, climb ladders for repairs, etc.
- Must be able to climb up and down a ladder.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds and more
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
Job responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the physical property, general maintenance repairs, unit make-ready, preventative maintenance, and construction or rehabilitation projects for the apartment community.
- Maintaining the property’s shop.
- Overseeing the maintenance staff.
- Handling grounds keeping and onsite amenities upkeep.
- Will be required to schedule and respond to on-call, after hours, emergencies.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401K, training, opportunities for advancement, and an EOE/drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time