SUMMARY: Provides virtual bi-lingual financial coaching & social services navigation to low-wealth individuals and families living in Miami-Dade County. Position is required to participate (virtually) in team and staff meetings, as requested. Position requires flexibility, compassion, and the ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provide one-on-one virtual financial & health coaching including, but not limited to, budgeting, credit building/rebuilding, debt management, savings, promotion of financial products, public benefits enrollment, and access to health care services. Specific services may change over time.
● Administers relief funds and assist clients with enrolling into relevant products and services
● Identify and refer participants to resources and services needed to achieve their individual financial and/or health goals.
● Link individuals and families to medical and social services
● Maintain client/participant information and data in organization’s data tracking and management systems
● Other duties as assigned by management
This job does not directly supervise employees
● Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Professional working proficiency in oral and written Spanish or Haitian Creole.
● Education: Associate’s Degree
● Years of Experience: 3
● Certification or License: Certification in the Department of Children and Families Training: HIPPA, ACCESS Civil Rights, Security Awareness (or must be attained with 60 days of hiring)
● Computer skills: Coach will work in a completely virtual environment. Must be skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and have working knowledge of web-based platforms.
Customer service orientation
Promotes products and services
Inspires & motivates
Develops talent (self)
Articulate vision and understands the big picture
Stable and calming influence
Leads by example
Open to feedback
Effective interpersonal communicator
Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
Step out of comfort zone
Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
Analytical/critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
Move projects forward simultaneously
Tolerate and effectively manage stress
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
● Ability to work in a remote office setting
● Able to sit at desk for long periods of time and utilize computer for extended periods
● Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate project needs
● Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.