The District operates multiple locations, Maple Meadows in Wood Dale, The Preserve at Oak Meadows in Addison and Green Meadows in Westmont. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
- Operate the golf handicap service, and Point-of-Sale (POS), reservation, and phone systems; sell merchandise, snacks, beverages, and certificates; assist with coordination of pro-shop merchandise purchasing, pricing, and displays; organize and balance cash register.
- Enforce facility policies and procedures; provide customer service; coordinate flow of golf play; perform customer check-in; conduct tee-time reservation procedures.
- Participate in the opening and closing of the pro shop and clubhouse; secure doors; lock up premises; and activate the alarm.
- Observe customer traffic patterns; anticipate upcoming needs and assist supervisor with tee-sheet and personnel scheduling adjustments to ensure efficient operations.
- Assist in planning, staging, scoring, and the execution of leagues and golf events; assist with golfer education and instructional programs.
- Help lead golf service staff and pro shop attendants in daily operations; may perform operations activities including starting, rangering, cart maintenance, and practice area maintenance.
- Maintain a clean retail environment and perform basic custodial tasks.
- Assist in recording inventories, compiling data, and preparing reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire; possession of a valid driver’s license.
Requirements: One (1) year experience in customer service or retail environment, including familiarity with golf course operations, and PGA level 1 training (or higher); or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Candidate: Should be interested in a career in the golf business, and available to work 35 to 40 hours per week during the golf season, June-November. Approx. 20-30 hours per week April-May.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand and walk for the length of a shift
Ability to lift/move a minimum of 40 lbs. or more
Ability to transport carts and walk between cart storage and staging areas
Work Environment: Indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions in a golf facility setting
Hours: March 15 - November 15; Actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekends and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Special training or another license, certification,etc.: Possession of the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) Program certification within 30 days of employment; ability to obtain the Illinois Food Handler Training and Certification within 30 days of employment; CPR/1st Aid – will train if necessary.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
Mandated Reporter – Abused and Neglected Child Reporting
National Sex Offender Registry Check
Youth Protection Standards Training
CPR/1st Aid Training
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
*Applications must be filled out to their entirety, including the electronic signature, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included but are not accepted in lieu of the application