BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
We’re looking for a motivated and driven Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Farmington Hills, Michigan. This position allows for a lot of exposure to various HR responsibilities and manages the day to day operations of the human resource office. Talent Acquisition is a big part of this position. A successful candidate must have exceptional communication skills and experience developing recruiting processes and resources.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, training, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws/regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Responsible for full recruitment cycle and all new hire responsibilities including job postings, applicant screening, phone interviews, in-person interviews, job offers and negotiations, background checks, new hire paperwork, and new hire orientation.
- Builds and executes strategic and creative sourcing plans for active and passive candidates.
- Provides top-notch service to hiring managers, providing consultative advice, direction, and feedback throughout the interview and selection process.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Administers the compensation program in the region; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including new hire enrollment, termination change request, claims resolution and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Handles all terminations in compliance with employment laws, and ensure all paperwork is completed accurately.
- Responsible for unemployment claims, SDI claims, leaves of absence, workers compensation and all leave requests.
- Personnel Maintenance: Manages personnel files and documentation, including employment agreements, performance reviews, salary histories, W4, I9, direct deposit forms, and medical insurance forms.
- Assists in evaluation of HR current process and recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Enters new hire paperwork in HRIS database, maintains data integrity and support routine reporting requests.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Supports company-sponsored events as directed
- Assists with purchase office supplies, and special projects in facility operations.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Strong MS Office proficiency
- 3-5 years HR working experience, automotive industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volumes of recruitment activity within schedule.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Detail Orientated.
- Familiar with ADP or related payroll software desired.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- English fluency, verbal and written
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
- Typical office environment. The position will require walking, standing and sitting at a computer.
Candidates for positions with American Haval Motor Technology, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.