Identifies new targeted populations to offer services, supports collaborations and the engagement of community partners, provides clerical and administrative support to the Club Director, Membership Coordinator and the Club.
1. Identifies new/untapped areas for outreach. Works to retain current relationships.
2. Coordinates meetings and workshops that facilitate community support and youth/family development.
3. Acknowledges every member, parent and visitor upon entering and leaving the building.
4. Assists with supervising the flow of members throughout the facility. Promotes and stimulates member’s interest in daily activities.
5. Assist in the maintenance of the membership database and provides reports as needed.
6. Assist in the maintenance of accurate records as applicable.
7. Recommends and requisitions supplies that are needed for the assigned role.
8. Work with all the staff on special events when necessary. Supports to execution of all core program areas.
1. Facilitate programs when needed.
2. Must participate in the Pick-up Program as needed.
3. Complete any required or mandated trainings and/or professional development.
INTERNAL: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct and advise/counsel.
EXTERNAL: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
§ High school diploma or equivalent required.
§ Two (2) years of experience working with youth and families required.
§ Demonstrated ability and interest in working with youth required.
§ Strong communication skills, both oral and written required. Bi-Lingual, English / Spanish is required.
§ Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required.
§ Must be able to interpret the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston’s programs and philosophy.
§ Valid Texas driver’s license preferred (may be required at some Club locations.)
The information presented indicates that general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.