Workmens Circle Nursing and Rehabilitation Center a short term/long term facility located in the Bronx , NY is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing
Services to join our team of professionals .
Provides and/or arranges for facility wide orientation and training programs, in-service education, and other educational programs for the development of facility personnel. Provides orientation to Nursing Department, in-service and educational programs as above. Works closely with all departments and monitor, control and prevent infections at the facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Formulates implements and evaluates policies and procedures for the facility wide In-service programs.
· Prepares annual calendar and master schedule of mandatory and other pertinent In-service programs. Submits copy to Administrator, Assistant Administrator, Director of Nursing and Personnel Director.
· Schedules, conducts and arranges mandatory and other in-services for all staff.
· Prepares the monthly In-service calendars and distributes them to all departments.
· Keeps abreast of and recommends training resources to departments participating in Training programs.
· In conjunction with Personnel Director and Department Heads conducts and/or arranges facility orientation for all new employees. Conducts orientation for Nursing Personnel.
Specific Infection Control Responsibilities:
- Develops reviews and updates all policies and procedures on Infection Control. Obtains input from Medical Director and other Department Heads in planning and implementing an Infection Control Training Program.
- Develops updates and enforces procedures for reportable and non-reportable infections.
- Develops a communication system with the Laboratory in order to be notified promptly of all new infections in the facility.
- Prepares and provides quarterly summaries of all infections to the Infection control committee.
- Promotes immunization programs required by the New York State Department of Health and those recommended by American Medical Association and American Hospital Association and is concerned with follow-up procedures which will help personnel to maintain their immunities at effective levels.
- Serves as liaison between the facility and community health authorities, in addition to liaison with the Center for Disease Control.
- Ensures OSHA guidelines are followed.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Has a current New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Has at least two to three years’ experience in a long term care facility in Nursing Administration.
- Have previous experiences in-service education.
- Has knowledge of CDC guidelines as related to infection control, as well as O.S.H.A requirements.
Health and Dental Benefits
We are an EOE