Delkin Devices is a privately held company founded in 1986, with Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA and European Offices in Birmingham, England. We are consistently recognized as one of San Diego County’s leading manufacturing companies, with sales and distribution channels across the world.
Delkin Devices isn’t just another flash storage SSD provider. We are an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer exclusively focused on non-volatile storage solution requirements for application-specific embedded, industrial OEMs. Utilizing controlled configurations, life-cycle management, product customization, and outstanding USA-based design, manufacturing, and support team, Delkin delivers exactly the right products needed by OEMs for embedded and industrial applications.
Under general supervision the SENIOR BUYER purchases and tracks a variety of commodities, materials, parts, and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze reports and plan material purchases based on usage information,
- Execute work orders based on requirements,
- Process purchasing requests for goods or services,
- Review requisitions and interview vendors & negotiate the best quality, price, and delivery,
- Solicit and review proposals from multiple vendors; obtain telephone quotes when indicated,
- Prepare bids and proposals, supporting spreadsheets, comparisons, recommendations, and justifications,
- Observe budgetary limitations,
- Expedite shipping and deliveries, maintain inventories, and monitor usage inconsistencies, price changes, and vendor back-orders,
- Ensure orders are delivered on time and at cost,
- Resolve billing and shipping issues and provide information to suppliers,
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and vendors alike,
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong electronics buying skills with experience working at small to mid-sized companies,
- Experience in dealing with the Asian market,
- Experience in evaluating procurement bids and using independent judgment,
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions,
- Strong negotiating skills,
- Excellent organizational skills, very detail oriented and have a high sense of urgency,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows and MS Office
- Bachelor’s Degree or specialized certificate.
- Strong experience with a Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system, with the ability to run reports.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ directly related experience.