Summary / Purpose of Position: The Child Care Worker is responsible for the direct care of children under Miracle Hill’s supervision. The Child Care Worker is expected to serve as advocate, authority, and role model for children/youth in care. Responsibilities include 3rd shift house supervision and care for children/youth with rotating days off or shifts. Ages of children/youth in care may vary from 11-21 year old males.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform and document 15 minute bed checks for all residents in emergency cottage.
• Clean facility including: sweeping and mopping, dusting, cleaning surfaces, and laundry.
• Administer medications as prescribed and in accordance with policy and document as required.
• Provide support and training to children/youth when child/youth awakened during the night.
• Work with Care Coordinator to provide “best practice” care for the youth in the household.
• Develop and maintain appositive and encouraging relationship with residents and their relatives;
strive to understand each resident as unique individual and treat them accordingly.
• Abide by policy and procedure guidelines, state regulations, and program routines.
• Proactively supervise all the residents in your care to ensure their safety and safety of others.
• Ensure that residents appropriately dress for any scheduled activity such as school, church,
visits, doctor appointments, etc.
• Assist youth with bedtime and wake up routines.
• Develop relationships with teammates in order to provide “best practice” care and consistency
for the youth in the household.
• Work with the Boy’s Shelter Home administrative and/or case management staff during the
intake process of individual children and in communication of progress/concerns for each
• Complete documentation of services provided within required timeframes and keep paper and
electronic records for each child in accordance with agency policy, utilizing the required
• Document Incidents pertaining to children as needed.
• Complete Transition Logs after each shift/or rotation of schedule.
• Monitor residents’ adjustment and progress in the cottage, discuss strengths, needs, and goals
in plan of care and team meetings.
• Maintain general housekeeping standards within cottages.
• Ensure security and safety for residents of cottage (secure keys, lock doors, windows, set alarms,
check to see if equipment properly working, conduct fire drills, etc.).
• Report and follow-up on maintenance needs within cottage.
• Report and follow-up on periodic facility inspections and drills (fire ext.; etc.).
This is a 3rd shift awake position providing house supervision, client care and cleaning during primarily sleeping hours for the children/youth. This is primarily during the hours of 11pm-8am. This position works with a second third shift awake team member.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education or equivalent experience: High School Diploma, or GED required. Knowledge of the
foster care system and group home experience is beneficial.
• Years of experience: 6 months or more in a residential setting preferred.
• Specialized training required: Pass training in CPR/First Aid, TCI, CARE curriculum provided by
• License/Certification: Valid South Carolina drivers license with a clean record and a clean
Criminal Background check.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.