The Front Office Assistant Manager will be responsible for the management of all Front office functions and team members Areas of responsibility include Guest Services/Front Desk and Greeters. As a Front office assistant, this role directs, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective team members. The ideal candidate for this role is highly communicative with superb customer and team member relation skills
- Supports day-to-day operations, to ensure quality standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Handles team members’ questions and concerns.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts,
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office (Front Office) goals to produce desired results.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Observes staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Supports training of team members on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supports same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
- Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Encourages team members to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides guidance and direction to team members, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with team members and ensures team members do the same within the team.
- Ensures recognition of team members is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major preferred
- 1 – 2 years supervisory experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful.
- The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected.
- Previous Front Office management experience is required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of team members and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- An aptitude for self-motivation
- A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach to hotel management
- Strong computer skills
- A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by team members (team members) and guests.
About TWA Hotel
The TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in spring 2019) is owned and operated by MCR, the sixth-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, and The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan. The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com